Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bidding the southern wind adieu

memories smolder, embers
of an incinerated empire dying

the past burns yet, and
my back still bleeds where
the dagger was pulled from

it is a walk in a forest
of hollow barren trees
each time I remember...

your face fades in silent screams,
drains from the temporal basin
leaving rust stains

mistrust pains in January
delivered from a banquet of lies

I should have noticed the flies
hovering over the rotting corpse
of once was at least respect
 
did he smile after you told
him that we were through

did he tell you, "I love you"

finally mentioned to pull
this roaring dragon from my chest
when I spent nights alone
I should have guessed
but I'd be waiting forever
for the priest to confess

instead I left, having the love
for myself that you threw in the trash...

those embers grow dimmer
as they smolder away to ash



No comments: