Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Stake

procession of feet
marching fury set aflame
by boiling fear
the ignorant hysteria
dressed in hateful sneer

once friends or
at least fellow citizens
now cry for blood
for melting flesh
for death and all the rest

blank the stare
now my soul has left
a shell only rides
to that spot
where thirsty roots
sip convicted blood

my flesh numb
within leaving daylight
only memories
cry to me
sewing by the hearth
smell of wet earth

I cannot hear
will not even listen
to their cries
I leave them in silence
to their lust for violence

I am elsewhere
inside the heart of you
you took me
under the waxing moon
under ancient fateful stars

I am your altar
on which to reach beyond
this current madness
the sacrifice
I gladly give to you
when my time is through

For I know more
than they will ever want
for you showed me
from the sky
all of what's below
the soon and now and long ago

they bound me now
with ropes to soon burn away
and free I shall be
to join you
from this I shall awake
and leave behind what's at stake







No comments: