Sunday, May 14, 2017

Capitulate

it was some vague conversation
with god last night
this one or that one
who knows whose god
it didn't give a name
so I didn't have to worry
about using it in vain
and such vanity
to think I would want to
but back to whatever was spoken
must have been about
a bacterial notion
the microbial sort which
seems to be the stitches
holding all the seams together
it must have been revealed
the primordial pool hasn't past
but is an eternal water park
built for someone's amusement
and only when we are handed a towel
and told it's time for the lifeguard's break
is when we abandon our rafts
to the ravenous currents
of the pool's cold depths
I like to think that's what
those two nuns wearing their habitual habits
were conversing about
in the grocery store near the yogurt the other day
but their language escaped me
and all I can do is surrender
to the idea that they were






No comments: