Thursday, April 5, 2018

Conversation with a shapeshifter

I was shutting
the doors to
my optical cabinets
when a curious fellow
introduced himself
with a sharp and
malevolent grin
as I gazed upon him
I couldn't grasp
a clear image of
what his face might be
for with each ticking
of each second
on the clock down the hall
I was looking upon
a different face
his form would not
or maybe even could not
rest on one image
at first I was amused
with the wonder
of the fluid face
but tired soon
and began questioning,
"Who are you?"
"What do you want?"
"Why are you here
in all these various forms?"
then slowly yet abruptly
the fellow chose
to come to rest
upon a hideous sight
that very one mentioned
previously concerning the grin
and his eyes were large
dark blue empty circles
with his triangular teeth
shown gritted and full
while his words spilled
out from somewhere else
and his words more hideous
than his expression 
when he told me,
"I am you within"



No comments: