Sunday, August 14, 2022

Splattered drops

spewed view in the dying light
from tempest fane
the torrent sky subsides
to wiped lenses of the stars

singly standing in amber glow
your face illuminates 
from struck match's sulfur
reminiscent of your homeland
the smoke drifts from your face
into twilight shrugs
while your expression shines
from the shadow of your hat's brim

a grin as you look my way
for the growing dark can't keep
our appearances as strangers
you could single me out
from the pebbles on the beach
or the drops in the ocean if needed
you've always been that falcon
hovering in the air above my rabbit fur

have I always been so willing
to bend my neck to your sword
to succumb to the serpentine hypnosis
your grin still beckons with this eve

this night when the rain has passed
I thought the tears would too
to finally bid rid of you
the shadow that won't leave my tracks
no matter where or how fast I run
you are the breath on my neck
revving the accelerator of my pulse
choking my breath with your embrace

this embrace I sent for by invitation
unknowing the twist in my choice
mistaken glory from back alleys
and nirvana found in chemical release
tethering temptation with love
a love to never own or realize
for love is never owned or prized
but taken for granted and thrown...

your grin says it all tonight
lays out all the regrets and crimes
you know my heart too well my friend
I've entertained my guilt too long

No comments: