Friday, May 24, 2013

Stale breeze

There is nothing for me to say
that hasn’t been said before

There is nothing left for me to do,
to reap or ignore

In all those days of all those weeks
of passing moons and turning seasons...

I left,
without ever knowing it

Lurking in the shade cast by numerous outstretched arms
there I remain, appearing from fallen debris...

that is me

And beyond the bard’s lyrics
where dreams fade and winds die,

I left my body there
gently levitating in the air

My feet ran off...
to some distant summit

and will not be seen again
‘Tis better that way, I always tend to linger

Those teachers will have their way with me
and I should see.  I could fly...

I would dance, had there been a pulse to cling to
I will mimic those winged footsteps

No matter the amount of shining coins
I heave out of my pockets...

the vessel has left the shore
‘Tis better that way, I always tend to linger anyway.

No comments: