Thursday, July 6, 2017

In the dark

I linger still with
what scared me in the dark

in night I ventured out
following what bellowed
within my bowels
the flutter inside dragging
me out among
the standing ancient woods

I couldn't bear to take
any more steps as each noise
was a paralyzing voice
yet nothing stopped
what yearned from deep within

further my feet followed
until the sounds surrendered
to the remaining intense quiet
the air stagnant and standing
still within the elder timbers

that moment held eternity
as I savored the fear in my heart
what had brought me there
I knew stood behind me
its presence cold and near
my neck exposed to its breath

the drumming pounded
from my chest resounding
through the silent air
in a swift moment more
I was taken into the colds' embrace
and falling faint
dared to peer upon its face

when the night is darkest
and all sounds seem to pause
I am found lingering
with what scared me in the dark




No comments: