Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The zone creep

not that it needs to be mentioned
but it's not looking good
especially when no one
seems to be able to agree
or perhaps so eager to ignore
the truth staring us in the face

all I know is there's certain
plants that will grow where I live
that weren't able to
when I first started gardening
those twenty some years ago

regardless of media battles
of who reports which story
to support whichever agenda
I know that winters have warmed

overlooking those with interests
to back the use of certain industries
and their use of alternative facts
I know that rainfall has changed
its paths and frequencies and forms

we've always lived on a ticking bomb
this world spinning out of control
and life has always been a risk
existence a gamble with each and
every choice we choose

but choices are running out
as the ticking hits the accelerator
and hopefully we can find peace
with what we've done and
what we continue to do




No comments: